The Library of Environmental Science was founded as a branch of the Central University Library in 2005 and it is located within the Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering building of the Babeş-Bolyai University Cluj Napoca
The library’s collections are compiled of different donations and acquisitions made by CUL. The main theme addressed by the publications is environmental science, but they also cover the related fields: ecology, geology, biology, geography, physics, chemistry that reference aspects related to the environment.
- Books: 2750 volumes
- Periodicals: 420 volumes
The Prof. Marcian Bleahu donation: publications in the fields of geology, geomorphology, global tectonics, spelaeology from Romania and from abroad – 3500 titles
The library’s own databases:
- The catalogue of books (1300 records)
- The catalogue of periodicals (80 records)
- Environment & Progress – articles: the database contains the analytic descriptions of the articles published in the journal Environment & Progress (1011 records)
- Studia Ambientum: the database contains the analytic descriptions of the articles published in the journal Studia Universitatis Babeş-Bolyai. Ambientum (87 records)
- The scientific activities of the faculty members: the database contains the works published by the teaching staff of the faculty since 2004 (1138 records)
The databases are permanently updated.